Fashion in Action - A Girls Night Out
Friday evening we invite you to attend a special event from 6 til to 9pm, "Fashion in Action - a Girls Night Out". Professional Models showcasing the designer fashions and accessories found at the fair will walk the runway, emceed by CHEK TV personality, April Lawrence while a DJ puts a spin on Christmas classics. Fairmont Empress Staff will be on hand to serve a modern mix of cocktails & special appetizers in the bistro, to round out the evening. Two fabulous door prizes will be given out during this event but you must be there to claim them.
Once again we have affiliated with a local charity, Cool Aid. In return for donating a gently used coat, sweater or warm winter clothing you can enter to win a shopping spree, or a 2-night stay at the Rosedale on Robson Suite Hotel in the heart of Vancouver steps away from BC Place, Robson St. and Yaletown. Two nights, good October through to April, www.rosedaleonrobson.com . Winner to be announced at the end of the fashion show. Cool Aid will distribute the warm clothing to those in need.
Why not come after work with a friend, enjoy the party, stay for dinner at the bistro (link to menu) and get the very best selection of gifts the fair has to offer.
Hector's Friends, (Six Men Who Sing) Enjoy the robust, classy voices of Hector's Friends as they provide a warm background to browsing only found at Out Of Hand. Take a break in the Cafe and really enjoy the perfection of their close harmonies and the variety of music from sea shanties to Christmas music. www.hectorsfriends.ca. Catch them when the Fair opens Friday morning.
Live music saturday afternoon:
- Oliver Swain, Canada’s quintessential alternative folk and traditional musician will be performing on our intimate stage. Grab a seat orlisten to the performance while strolling around the fair, visiting the artisan booths. http://www.oliverswainmusic.com/
- Greg Joy, Canadian guitar player/producer Greg Joy was born in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. His love for the folk music of the British Isles led him to the Victoria Music Conservatory in the late ’70s to study classical guitar. He has performed with a myriad of both Celtic and worldbeat groups, and has released numerous collections of Christmas and Celtic music of his own.
Demonstrations & Tastings:
- Cathi Jefferson - clay artist - throwing on a wheel
- David Mincey - chef - chocolate tasting and texture
- Shea Butter Market - talk on shea butter with samples
- Organic Fair - chocolate demonstration/talk
- Oh Sugar - exotic spices - stories and photos from Sri Lanka